The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship
The team at We Mount TVs specializes in helping the members of their communities have the best home entertainment experience. With locations all over the United States, we pride ourselves on being able to assist a number of regions with personalized services.
We have created this scholarship to highlight the importance of local businesses to communities in the future. We would love to hear from the next generation on how they support businesses in their regions and how they plan to use their education to help local businesses thrive.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- If you are unsure if your school is accredited, you can use the US Department of Education’s search tool to see if your school features on their list. https://ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What are some local businesses that you frequent or utilize now? Why?
- Why do you think it is important to support businesses in your community?
- How do you plan to use your education to help develop and support local businesses?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship form linked below.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to complete the form to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by September 5, Annually.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by September 20, Annually.
Our 2019 Scholarship Winner
We are excited to announce Tessa Anderson from Folsom Lake College as our 2019 Scholarship Winner. To read Tessa’s winning essay, please click here.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from We Mount TVs.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Questions about The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by We Mount TVs will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant We Mount TVs permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on https://wemounttvs.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Supporting Local Businesses Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by We Mount TVs.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the We Mount TVs website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on We Mount TVs’ social media pages.